Saturday, September 1, 2012

Adwaa Rabia Group Teaching Position for ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia

Read this job posting here.


I hate postings like this. Why you ask? Because the job posting is purposely misleading. It’s listed as a direct hire position for Saudi ARAMCO, which it is not. ARAMCO offers direct hire positions, which are posted on their company website. With a direct hire position, while although keeping their salary offers secretive, friends have told me the dollars amount to upwards of $7,500, which is only the base salary. Add in the housing, travel allowance and flight tickets and we’re talking big bucks here.













Adwaa Rabia Group is a contractor. And as contractors go, who do work with ARAMCO to recruit teachers for the company, they offer a much smaller salary than a direct hire position because the recruiters (this one and SRACO) skim off the top. That is why if you use recruiters for ARAMCO, you will receive a less substantial pay. That’s why this company offers such a low, deplorably low, salary.














Just examining this post sends my red flags a-waving. The email address is from gmail, not even from the Adwaa Rabia website. Inspection of the recruiter website looks more suitable for securing Saudis visas to study abroad. No information on the website about teaching for ARAMCO. And the interview process for an actual direct hire position with the prestigious ARAMCO includes more than a Skype interview just to get a feel for how a candidate looks and speaks. A real, direct hire interview requires an onsite one, usually in Houston, TX or London, UK. The whole post reeks of fish. 

Stay very, very far away. Wait for a direct hire position to be posted on the ARAMCO website if you’ve got the quals and years of experience. 


2 comments:

  1. I was offered a contract from ADWAA Rabia about another position. The advertisement was misleading as was the contract. The post said Riyadh, Jeddah, al Khobar with compound housing. When I got the contract it just said Riyadh and there was no mention of compound housing. I was still considering the job, but I had a family situation to take care of so eventually I couldn't take it. A while later I saw a similar ad to what was posted above about the Aramco position. I emailed the lady, Cara about the position. She responded, "If you have seen the advert for Aramco post then should have seen that you do not fall on the criteria provided". What a rude response! And in fact I did fit the criteria provided! Maybe she was just upset that I didn't take the other contract she offered me which would have made me a whore to any institute that they wanted to send me to in Saudi Arabia!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jumpin jehozafats! (If that's how you spell it) What an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

      PS Sorry for such a delay in response. Pregnancy can do that...

      Delete